I may be 4 months late but happy new year! I’ve gone off the grid a little bit. In between changing jobs, working interstate, moving house and all the end of year celebrations I put the website to the side but I’ve decided to get back to it. I hope you all had a very merry gluten free christmas and a lovely break.
So surprise, here is another banana bread recipe. I can’t bear to throw away the sad brown bananas that don’t get eaten so I end up making a lot of banana bread. Moths also ravaged my pantry so I re-stocked with Mckenzie’s gluten free flours. Their gluten range includes lentil, coconut, chickpea, corn, rice and quinoa flour. I decided to mix up the usual banana bread recipe with chickpea flour which gave it a light texture and nutty flavour which perfectly compliments the banana. Delightful! I threw some leftover strawberries on top but I also think some walnuts would go nicely with them as well.
Want to expand your gluten free flour repertoire? Take a look at this list of Mckenzie’s gluten free recipes for some guidance.
- 1½ cups Mckenzies chickpea flour
- 1½ cups of brown sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 2-3 mashed bananas
- 5 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Grease or use baking paper to cover your baking tin
- Mix the flour, baking powder and cinnamon in one bowl
- In another bowl combine the eggs, mashed banana, melted butter, sugar and vanilla extract.
- Combine all ingredients
- Pour evenly into your baking tin
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden
- Let it cool for 10 minutes (or eat immediately if starving)