I found this recipe on The Brown Paper Bag, a blog with healthy, easy to make recipes put together by nutritionist, Jacqueline Alwill.
The best part about this recipe is that is requires barely any preparation. All you need to do is mix all your ingredients – great for using up any old fruit.
- 8 dates, seeded and chopped
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 4 eggs
- 1tsp vanilla
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted/ Any oil works
- 1tsp bicarb soda
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup brown rice flour/Any flour works
- I've also started including miscellaneous seeds/chia/almonds from my breakfast mix and berries.
- And now we bring it to life...
- Preheat oven to 180
- In a bowl mix oil, vanilla, eggs, bananas, dates, bicarb and any other goodies before adding coconut and flour.
- Place mix into a lined loaf tin + bake approximately 45-60min or test the middle with a skewer + if comes out clean remove from oven + allow to cool in pan for 10min