Over the last year I’ve been fascinated by the raw ball craze that has sprung out of Thermomixes and super-powered blenders. Unfortunately I can’t afford a magical Thermomix and raw balls cost about $5 a pop so I’ve been admiring balls from a far, hoping that one day, I too, could be in the ball club.
This September, for Australian Organic Awareness Month, I made some balls of my own.
I have always shopped on the organic side but this month, we are reminded to look for the bud logo to support organic farmers, products and processors who are doing the right thing for our environment as well as building a sustainable future for Australia. The Australian Certified Organic logo guarantees the product to be free range, non GM, pasture-fed, water efficient and biodiversity friendly as well as grown free from synthetic pesticides, herbicides, hormones and antibiotics.
In support of Australian Organic Awareness Month I have decided to finally make some raw balls! From my research, it turns out that they are mega easy to make. When I opened up the cupboard to decide on a recipe for AOAM, I was surprised to find so many products with the bud logo. It was an easy decision to go forth and make some balls.
- 2 tbsp Mayver's organic peanut and coconut spread
- 1 tbsp Australian organic extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 cup Certified Organic almonds - or you can use almond meal/any nut you please!
- 1 cup Certified Organic medjool dates
- ½ cup Certified Organic Pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup Absolute Organic shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp Certified Organic Cocoa Powder
- 1 scoop BODY Inner Beauty powder by The Beauty Chef
- Chop dates roughly
- Blend almonds in food processor or blender until fine
- Add pumpkin seeds, dates, cocoa powder and BODY powder
- Melt peanut butter with coconut oil in a pan
- Combine blended mixture with wet mixture in a bowl
- Roll individual portions into balls (if the mixture is too dry, add more peanut butter or honey)
- Place in a tupperware container and let them set in the fridge overnight...or after a few hours if you are desperate.