Don’t you love it when you stumble across a recipe and you actually have all the ingredients?
When you are home with a cold and its raining outside, a simple recipe that matches the contents of your pantry is miraculous. Thanks to a recipe for toasted coconut quinoa breakfast cookies on Simply Quinoa I treated my cold with cookies.
The treatment is a mixture of banana, peanut butter, honey, coconut, quinoa & buckwheat flakes and chia seeds. The banana, peanut butter and honey combo really sold me and of course I wanted to explore this collaboration in cookie form.
They turned out to be more cake than cookie but theres nothing wrong with mini peanut butter cakes. Amongst the peanut butter, the banana flavour is mild but the coconut flakes give them texture. Simple, tasty and addictive.
- ½ cup of nut butter of choice
- ¼ cup honey (or maple syrup)
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup of quinoa flakes
- ½ cup of buckwheat flakes
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine nut butter, honey, banana, egg and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Add quinoa flakes, buckwheat flakes, baking powder and salt to the bowl and stir together.
- Fold in coconut and chia seeds.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of mixture onto the baking sheet and repeat until no dough remains.
- Bake cookies for 15 - 18 minutes until edges are golden brown.
- Remove and let cool on the pan for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Enjoy at room temp or slightly reheated in a microwave.